Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Just a movie?

The Roommate

Reflecting on class discussions I have decided to blog about a recent movie I went to see"The Roommate".

While watching this movie I analyzed how the producer created the characters' images and what we as the audience were suppose to take from this film.

The plot of this movie is about two girls who are college roommates. One of the girls whose name is Rebecca has a bipolar disorder. She becomes obsessed with her roommate Sara. She follows where she goes, who she hangs out with and tries to control every aspects of Sara's life. 

I thought this movie had a lot to do with what we have been reading and discussing in media class, because it  was a movie that made you think and piece together what was taking place. It was filled with suspense and action moments that made jump in my seat.




I think it is very interesting how film makers know what noise to make and what camera shots are going to keep our eyes glued and our hearts racing. I could relate to this movie no not because my roommate is a psycho, but because I am a college student. The producer throws out a scenario that is crazy but actually could be true. Maybe it is just a movie, just a silly idea. Although it makes it as the viewer think what if? What if you were a victim one day like that of one in a movie?



Makes you think...

1 comment:

  1. Wow, great stuff, Alexa! I think I definitely have a new appreciation for motion picture art and everything it takes to create a film. Great post!

    ReplyDelete